- WHAT is SMRP? The Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP), is a network of practitioners and industry partners dedicated to developing and promoting excellence in maintenance, reliability and physical asset management. It is a not-for-profit organization that was formed in 1992 and over the past 25 years has grown to over 5,000 members in 6 continents and 60 countries.
- WHO is typically involved in SMRP? The common list of SMRP member roles are quite vast and range from:
- Plant, Maintenance, Operations, Engineering & Reliability Management
- Reliability Engineers
- Planners & Schedulers
- Maintenance Crafts and Technicians
- Continuous Improvement Personnel
- Industry Consultants & Service Providers
- WHY should I consider joining SMRP? The benefits of joining SMRP are numerous as well. Some of them include:
- Access to the SMRP Library
- A subscription to our bi-monthly Solutions magazine
- Networking and education opportunities when you join a local Chapter or Shared Interest Group
- Member registration discounts on the CMRP and CMRT certification exams
- Special member rates at SMRP’s Annual Conference
- Access to live and on-demand webinars
- And more!
- WHAT are the different membership levels within SMRP? There are four different National membership categories that you may select from and then, in many areas, there is a local chapter in your area that you can also become involved with. The National membership categories and associated dues include:
- Student- $25/Year
- Individual- $170/Year
- Corporate (Executive)- $810/Year (5 Members)
- Corporate (Industry Partner)- $810/Year (5 Members)
- HOW much does it cost to join the Kansas City Chapter? After joining the National SMRP organization, you are eligible to participate in a local Chapter. Annual dues for the local, Kansas City Chapter is just $50.00.
- WHERE do the local Chapter meetings take place and what type of events does SMRP sponsor? The recently formed Kansas City Chapter typically holds meetings every quarter with a plant tour, guest speaker, networking and refreshments as part of the standard agenda.
- WHO are some of the companies involved in the Kansas City Chapter and how do I find the organization on the internet? The local members range from different end-user industries such as Water/ Wastewater, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Grain Processing as well as Predictive Maintenance Services organizations, Maintenance & Reliability Consulting and Training firms, etc. Find out more at: http://smrp.org/Member-Services/Chapters/Join-a-Chapter/Kansas-City
We hope this information is helpful and we look forward to assisting you on your journey of operational excellence through Maintenance & Reliability transformation. This is a collaborative association where we share lessons learned from our collective breath of experiences. So come and join us; we look forward to your involvement. If you have any questions, please contact one of your local Chapter board members noted below.
Chair: Wayne Smith, CRL, CMRP
Co-Chair: Jason Herman
Secretary: Bart Rehagen
Treasurer: Paul Crocker: 913-645-1662, email@example.com
Email us all at once via Info@kcsmrp.org