- This event has passed.
Maintenance and Reliability Workshop
November 13, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 15, 2018 @ 4:00 pm$750 – $1250
Maintenance and Reliability Training Workshop
Register for this Event
Dates: 11/13/18 thru 11/15/18 – 8:00am to 4:00pm daily
Kansas University Edwards Campus in the Regnier Hall building, Room 150
Address: 12600 S Quivira Rd, Overland Park, Kansas
Tickets for Training Workshop must be purchased here https://www.aplos.com/aws/events/maintenance_and_reliability_training_workshop
Companies in today’s global arena face increasing competition and pressure on margins. A culture of disruptive innovation combined with visionary leadership and relentless pursuit of process improvement and smart cost reduction are the ingredients required for survival and growth. Equipment must be safe and reliable. Process variability must be minimized or eliminated. Your team must be motivated and supported with targeted training and a robust and efficient organizational structure.
This highly interactive course is designed to provide an immersive training environment that maximizes the interaction between attendees, their peers and the instructor. The course delivers a combination of individual and group exercises to heighten the learning experience. Attendees will complete and review daily exercises designed to enhance and reinforce knowledge retention.
Participants who have read the resources listed below prior to this course will have a greater chance of success on the exam.
- Candidate Guide for Certification and Re-certification and The CMRP Road map (available on the SMRP website)
- Making Common Sense Common Practice, 4th edition: Models for Operational Excellence (Ron Moore)
- The Asset Management Landscape, 2nd edition (Global Forum on Maintenance and Asset Management – gfmam.org)
- Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices, 2nd edition (Ramesh Gulati)
Who Should Attend
Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Planners, Reliability Engineers, Plant Managers, Engineering Managers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Managers, Operations Managers, Asset Managers
Classroom discussion with relevant case studies, practice questions and exercises.
The Study Workshop course is planned for 3 days with the exam offered on the morning of the 4th day.
Define key elements of a reliability-focused business and management strategy (Pillar 1):
- Create and manage a strategic direction and plan for reliability
- Select, track and report on key performance indicators
- Change management and communication
- Managing environmental, health and safety risks
Define how reliability activities improve manufacturing process reliability (Pillar 2):
- Understand process flow, parameters and quality specs
- Process improvement techniques –Root Cause Elimination and Continuous Improvement Programs – Lean / 6 sigma
- Maintaining processes in accordance with standards and regulations
Outline equipment reliability best practices (Pillar 3):
- Determining equipment reliability expectations and goals
- Evaluate equipment reliability and identify improvement opportunities
- Establish a plan to ensure equipment reliability for new and existing assets
- Cost justify plans for implementation
- Implement reliability plans and periodically review performance
Describe how organization and leadership support maintenance and reliability staffing and development (Pillar 4):
- Determining organizational competency and staffing requirements
- Analyzing organizational capability and developing personnel
- Organizational structure, roles and responsibilities for reliability
- Leading and managing people
Cite work management best practices (Pillar 5):
- How to identify, validate and approve maintenance and reliability work
- Maintenance and reliability work priority, planning and scheduling
- Executing and documenting work
- Analyzing and measuring work performance
- Planning and executing maintenance and reliability projects
- Using information technologies effectively
- Managing resources and materials effectively